How to Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 & iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2.7
To jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 we not only have Absinthe jailbreak tool but also have our old traditional jailbreak tools from iPhone Dev Team, Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 and PwnageTool 5.1.1 released few days back. The only advantage of Redsn0w or PwnageTool over Absinthe is ability to create custom iOS 5.1.1 firmware with preserve baseband option.
Those who have iOS devices with Ultrasn0w supported baseband, here is good news for you. iPhone Dev Team has released an updated version of Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 compatible to iOS 5.1.1. All you need to do is create custom firmware using PwnageTool 5.1.1 and restore with iTunes in DFU mode. Once you are on iOS 5.1.1 with Cydia you can install Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 and get your iPhone unlocked at iOS 5.1.1.
Here is our step by step guide on how unlock iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 5.1.1
Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 5.1.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2.7
1. Jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS using PwnageTool 5.1.1
2. Now open Cydia from springboard and go to manage section
3. Click on Sources and then edit button at the top and click on add,
Add following repo url – repo666.ultrasn0w.com
(please note – it’s 0 (zero) and not alphabet “o” )
4. Once you finish adding repo, go for search and type “ultrasn0w” and click on ultrasn0w from search result
5. Now click on Install and confirm button to install Ultrasn0w 1.2.7. Once it finishes the installation, insert your SIM card and wait for iPhone to detect it.
That’s it, you should now enjoy your carrier unlocked iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 5.1.1.
If you like this post then do consider hitting +1 button.