How to Jailbreak The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 2 and iPad 1 on iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1
With the release of Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak tool, it is now possible to untethered jailbreak all existing iOS devices including iPhone 4S and recently launched The New iPad aka iPad 3. We have already published guides on how to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G & iPod Touch 4G on iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak tool.
Now here is our complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iPad 1, iPad 2 and The New iPad iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1 on Windows and Mac.
Warning: Please proceed at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your iOS device by following this guide.
Don’t forget to save SHSH blobs of iOS 5.1.1 with TinyUmblrella.
How to Jailbreak iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1 on iOS 5.1.1
2. Take Backup of your iPad via iTunes
4. Download Absinthe 2.0.1 for Windows and Mac
5. Double click and extract content of zip file and launch Absinthe 2.0.1 application,
6. Absinthe 2.0.1 will then self-extract the content on Windows, it may take some time. Extracted content will placed in same directory where you had extracted zip content file.
7. Now locate Absine-win-2.0.1 directory and execute absinthe.exe, on Mac you can simply double click on Absinthe in Absinthe 2.0.1 mounted DMG image file.
8. As prompted Connect your iPad 1, Pad 2 and The New iPad to PC or Mac via USB cable.
9. Now click on the jailbreak button in Absinthe jailbreak tool
10. The Absinthe jailbreak tool will take you through several steps, from Sending initial data, sending final data, waiting for reboot, waiting for device to finish booting, It may take some time from 2-5 minutes.
11. You will notice that jailbreak process is continuing on your iPad, iPad 2 and iPad 3. Do not unplug your iPad. You will also notice Restoration in Progress message on your iPad. Be patient and let it complete the process.
12. Your iPad 1, iPad 2 and iPad 3 will reboot as jailbreak process nears the completion
13. You will be greeted with done message as soon as jailbreak process completes.
Now Enjoy your newly jailbroken iPad 1, iPad 2 and The New iPad 3 on iOS 5.1.1
If you like this tutorial then do consider hitting +1 Button.