How To Untethered Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G/3G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
Now here is our guide on how to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G and 3G. Since Absinthe only supports iOS 5.1.1 you need to update to iOS 5.1.1 before proceeding for Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak. So follow our detailed step by step guide and get your iOS device jailbreaked on iOS 5.1.1.
Warning: Follow this jailbreak tutorial at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Please Note: If you want to unlock your iPhone to use it on unsupported carrier them you must not update to stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware. You need to use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool and create custom firmware with preserve baseband option and then update your iPhone to this custom firmware.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G and 4G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
2. Take Backup of your iPod Touch in iTunes
5. Double click and extract content of zip file and launch Absinthe 2.0 Application,
6. Absinthe 2.0 will then self-extract the content on Windows, it may take some time. Extracted content will placed in same directory where you had extracted zip file.
7. Now locate Absine-win-2.0 directory and execute absinthe.exe, on Mac you can simply double click on Absinthe in Absinthe 2.0 mounted image file.
8. As prompted Connect your iPod Touch 4G/3G PC or Mac via USB cable. Make sure to remove any passcodes or VPN settings you’ve previously set.
9. Now click on the jailbreak button
10. The Absinthe jailbreak tool will take you through several steps, from Sending initial data, waiting for reboot, waiting for device to finish booting, Preparing jailbreak data, and Sending payload data. It may take some time from 2-5 minutes.
11. You will notice that jailbreak process is continuing on your iPod Touch 3G & 4G. Do not unplug your iPhone. You will also notice Restoration in Progress message on your iPod Touch. Be patient and let it complete the process.
12. Your iPod Touch will reboot as jailbreak process nears the completion
12. You will be greeted with done message as soon as jailbreak process completes.
Now Enjoy your newly jailbroken iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.1.1 and iPod Touch 3G iOS 5.1.1
If you like this tutorial then do consider hitting +1 Button.