How to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
Finally today is the day when jailbreak community rejoice with Absinthe 2.0 untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak tool. As hinted by Pod2G, Absinthe 2.0 is released at Hack in the box conference and supports most of the iOS devices including iPhone 4S and The New iPad aka iPad 3.
As we promised here we are with complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 using Absinthe 2.0rc1 on Windows and Mac. Carefully follow the steps to jailbreak your iOS device.
Warning: Follow this jailbreak tutorial at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Please Note: If you want to unlock your iPhone to use it on unsupported carrier them you must not update to stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware. You need to use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool and create custom firmware with preserve baseband option and then update your iPhone to this custom firmware.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
2. Take Backup of your iPhone in iTunes
3. Update your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 by following this Guide (Only If you are not on iOS 5.1.1)
5. Double click and extract content of zip file and launch Absinthe 2.0 Application,
6. Absinthe 2.0 will then seft extract the content, it may take some time. Extracted content will placed in same directory where you had extracted zip file.
7. Now locate Absine-win-2.0 directory and execute absinthe.exe
8. As prompted Connect your iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 PC or Mac via USB cable. Make sure to remove any passcodes or VPN settings you’ve previously set.
9. Now click on the jailbreak button
10. The Absinthe jailbreak tool will take you through several steps, from Sending initial data, waiting for reboot, waiting for device to finish booting, Preparing jailbreak data, and Sending payload data. It may take some time from 2-5 minutes.
11. You will notice that jailbreak process is continuing on your iPhone 4S, 4. Do not unplug your iPhone. You will also notice Restoration in Progress message on your iPhone 4S, 4. Be patient and let it complete the process.
12. Your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 will reboot as jailbreak process nears the completion
12. You will be greeted with done message as soon as jailbreak process completes.
Now Enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 and iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1.
If you like this tutorial then do consider hitting +1 Button.