Download iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch and iPad
Apple had seeded iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad on May 7th. The Apple iOS 5.1.1 Build 9B206 is available via OTA update as well as from iTunes. The size of OTA update is approximately 55 MB and comes with many fixes. iOS 5.1.1 firmware update is more of bug fixes than enhancement update. Below is the complete change log,
iOS 5.1.1 Change Log
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
You can either go to Settings -> general -> software update and then click on download and install button
Or plugin your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to iTunes and hit update button. If you have unstable internet connection then it would be wise to download iOS 5.1.1 using below direct download links and then press Shift+Update on Windows and Option+Update on Mac to browse and select previously downloaded firmware.
Here is our guide on how to manually update to iOS 5.1.1.