How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b1
For long iPhone Dev Team has kept same user interface and procedure of jailbreaking for Redsn0w jailbreak tool but with release new Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 today thing has changed a lot. The new version of Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 is somewhat automates the whole jailbreak process. You no longer required to supply ISPW (iOS firmware file) while jailbreaking iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G & iPad 1.
Only when the designated iOS firmware is not available from Apple server then only you have supply ISPW file like iOS 5 beta firmwares but that only for once, from next time Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will cache all the files and you can continue to jailbreak without IPSW file.
To help out those users who are not familiar with jailbreak process or finding Redsnow 0.9.9vb1 confusing here is complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 on iPod Touch 4G. the procedure is similar for all other iOS devices too. At the end of article you can find a video tutorial.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b1
2. Start Redsn0w 0.9.69b1 and click on Jailbreak button
3. Switch off your iOS Device and connect to PC or Mac.
4. Now follow on screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode
Press Home Button and Power Button for 10 seconds
Now release Power button while keep holding home button for 16 seconds
5. Once iOS device is in DFU mode, Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will do the process of exploiting, identifying iOS build, uploading jailbreak data and rebooting iOS device, patching kernel
6. A screen with option to install cydia, custom bundles, etc will be displayed. Make sure you check the install Cydia option and click on next.
7. Let Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 do the final process of uploading ramdisk & your iOS device will boot in jailbreak stat, enjoy.
You will notice iOS 4.3.5 is tethered jailbreak meaning every time you reboot your device you have to use tethered boot only option of Redsn0w 0.9.9b1. if you don’t do that then Cydia will keep crashing and your jailbreak apps wont work.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 with Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Video Tutorial