How to Unlock iPhone 4S Baseband 1.0.11 1.0.13 1.0.14
Until now it has been thought that unlocking iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 will be next to impossible as no new unlock method has been found since iOS 4.0 days. However the one trick, SAM aka Subscriber Artificial module from sbingner released back in December 2010 which was originally meant to officially activate the iPhone 4, 3GS, & 3G has been modified by Locker_Sun in such way that it can now convert temporary unlock ticket to permanent ticket, unlocking your iPhone 4S, 4 & 3G forever.
Though Apple can block this method but once who has saved those Tickets which be able to retain their unlock forever. The only drawback here is, the ticket is per SIM basis hence you will need to make sure save tickets for all possible SIMs you have which you plan to use with your iPhone.
Since this method is confirmed to be working by iPhone Dev Team member Musclenerd, we are it should work for every one and you must unlock your iPhone as soon as possible before Apple moves to block this trick. The complete step by step guide on how to unlock iPhone 4S is described below.
The only criteria to get the unlock is, you must have jailbroken iPhone 4S and it can be activated in iTunes meaning it should not be officially blacklisted. You will also need to know the official carrier of your iPhone 4S to which this iPhone is locked to.
How to Unlock iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1, 5.0.1 and 5.0
1. Start Cydia from springboard and go to manage section
2. Now tap on sources and tap on edit and then Add button
3. Now type following source Repo URL,
4. And tap on Add source and let it complete updating packages.
5. Once done that you can now either go to Binger repo from Sources under manage tab and locate SAM or search for SAM from Cydia search option and tap on first result
6. Click on SAM and tap on Install button and confirm button
7. Once you finish the SAM installation, Enter SAM by either going through the settings menu or find the SAMPrefs icon on your springboard. You must insert SIM card that you intend to use in your phone.
8. Now go to utilities and select “De-Activate iPhone”, you can confirm your activation status under more information and it should show Unactivated.
9. With SAM enabled, choose “By Country and Carrier” in “Method”; find your carrier, for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select “SIM ID”; easy to tell since iTunes will not activate if the wrong IMSI is selected.
10. Now go to “More Information” and copy or write down the IMSI number displayed in “SAM Details”, section then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
11. Go back to the main SAM screen and change your “Method” to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string we saved in Step 10.
12. Connect your iPhone 4S to your PC or Mac and allow iTunes to do its job (namely re-activating your phone), double click “Phone Number” parameter at the main device screen and make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card. If not you need to start over from Step 7.
13. Disconnect your iPhone 4S and close your iTunes
14. Disable SAM
15. Connect your iPhone 4S to iTunes again and you should get an effort saying your iPhone 4S can’t be activated, don’t worry this just normal. Close your iTunes and open again. You should see signal bars in short time. That’s it. You have successfully unlocked your iPhone 4S and you can continue to use your iPhone 4S with unsupported SIM.
Please keep in mind if you plan to change SIM card then you must follow above procedure and again unlock iPhone 4S for that SIM. This method is safe method compared to SIM interposer as it doesn’t involve IMSI number spoofing and emergency number dialing.
This method has been tested and working on iOS 5.0.1 and it should work on iOS 5.1 too as soon as jailbreak for iPhone 4S is made available.