Apple Seeded iTunes 10.5 Beta 8 with iTunes Match beta for Mac
Apple has silently seeded next beta version of iTunes Match for Mac, iTunes 10.5 Beta 8 is available for download at Apple iOS Developer portal. Those who aren’t aware, iTunes Match is the beta service currently available to developers in the United States only. Though you can download & install iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 outside United States.
iTunes 10.5 beta 8 includes several performance enhancements and bug fixes, and is a required update for all subscribers to iTunes Match beta. Surprisingly Apple has not seeded new beta of iOS 5 which they usually does with every new iTunes 10.5 beta release. It could be that next iOS 5 is going to be the GM build aka Gold Master build, one which is assumed to be the last developer build and final build usually follows after GM build release is no major bugs are found.
If you are upgrading iTunes Match 10.5 beta 7 to Beta 8 on mac then you must know Your iCloud libraries will be deleted at the end of this beta. Here is list of some of the known issues in iTunes 10.5 Beta 8,
1. Songs in unsupported formats will not be uploaded to iCloud at this time.
2. The scan & match feature is not yet complete.
3. Some songs may not match (even if they is available in the iTunes Store) and will be uploaded to iCloud.
4. Other songs may match to a different version of the same song on the iTunes Store.
5. You can only add music to iCloud from more than one computer at a time.
6. After updating to iOS 5 beta 7, your music may fail to play. If this happens, turn off iTunes Match in Settings > Music, then turn it back on