How to Jailbreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1/5.0 with Absinthe (with Video Guide)
iPhone 4S, successor of iPhone 4 was launched back in October 2011, despite it was similar in design to iPhone 4 it came with radical internal hardware changes like running latest Apple A5 processor, which also powers Apple’s second generation tablet, iPad 2. Unfortunately getting first untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S turned out difficult task as Limera1n bootrom exploit found in A4 devices was fixed in iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Even after all the odds iPhone hackers have once again proved themselves by releasing first iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak Absinthe, thanks to Pod2g and dream team behind this successful jailbreak.
We have already posted updates related to Corona untethered jailbreak which will be available in three different forms and Absinthe is the first form of A5 untethered jailbreak. Absinthe is the GUI tool developed by Chronic Dev Team and only available for Mac at the moment (Windows released expected any time) which can jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1.
Considering difference in jailbreak procedure compared to older jailbreak tools like Redsn0w and JailbreakMe, we have decided to post complete step by step procedure with screenshots and video tutorial on how to untethered jailbreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S using Absinthe.
So without much ado here we present our complete guide on Absinthe untethered jailbreak.
Warning: We take absolutely no responsibility of whatsoever happen to your device by following this guide, but one thing we want to assure you that we have tried and tested entire jailbreak procedure and it has worked very well for us.
Warning 2: if you want to software unlock your iPhone 4S to use it with non-supported carries then at any cost don’t update to iOS 5.0.1. Stay at iOS 5.0.
How to Jailbreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1/5.0 with Absinthe
2. Download iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (only if you are on non 5.x firmware)
3. Connect your device to Mac/PC and start iTunes
4. Now select your device from device list and right click and select “Back up” device
5. Now if you are non 5.x firmware then press Option + restore button in iTunes and browse and select download firmware in step 2 respective to your device (iPad 2/iPhone 4S).
Note: Restoring firmware will erase your device completely and you will lose all your data, so you must take backup before restoring firmware.
6. Complete the entire restore process.
7. Now start Absinthe and press jailbreak button once it detects the connected A5 device
8. Wait for Absinthe to complete the jailbreak process which involves beginning jailbreak process, sending initial data, waiting for reboot, preparing jailbreak data, sending payload data and final stage almost done.
9. Once you see Almost done message on Absinthe, unlock your iPhone 4S/iPad 2 by sliding the unlock button.
10. You will notice a new icon “absinthe” placed on your homescreen as shown in below screenshot’.
11. Click on Absinthe App (make sure you are connected internet via WIFI or 3G) and let it finish the rest of jailbreak process., you iPhone 4S & iPad 2 screen will turn white for some time while it downloads the Cydia package and will reboot.
Once it reboots Cydia will be added to your Home screen, that’s it. Now enjoy your newly jailbroken iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.
If you encounter any issue then comment below and let us know and we might help you in fixing the things.
This post will be updated once we finish uploading Jailbreak Video, meanwhile stay tuned with us.