How to Jailbreak Apple TV on iOS 4.4.1/4.4 with Seas0nPass (Tethered Jailbreak)
Recently Apple had seeded iOS 4.4 for Apple TV 2G which is equivalent to iOS 5 on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad and today they have released iOS 4.4.1 for Apple TV 2G which brings minor fixes though most new features are added in iOS 4.4 for Apple TV 2G. For those looking ahead to jailbreak Apple TV 2G should wait as untethered jailbreak is only upto iOS 4.3.
But if you have already updated to iOS 4.4 or 4.4.1 then here is good news for you, FireCore team has updated Seas0npass tool to support Apple TV 2G jailbreak on iOS 4.4.1 & 4.4, however its tethered jailbreak meaning you have to connect to PC or Mac and tethered boot every time you reboot your Apple TV.
Here is step by step guide on how to jailbreak Apple TV 4.4.1/4.4 iOS with Seas0nPass
Jailbreak Apple TV 4.4.1/4.4 iOS with Seas0nPass
3. Now Start Seas0npass jailbreak tool and then press Option key (Mac) or Shift Key (PC) & click on Create IPSW button
4. Select the iOS 4.4.1/4.4 IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
5. Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
6. After the firmware restore is complete you have to follow below tethered boot process.
How to Tethered Boot Apple TV with Seas0nPass
1. Start Seas0nPass jailbreak tool and click on Boot Tethered
2. When prompted, connect the AppleTV to your computer via USB. Wait for the rapid flashing light then connect the power. Once both are connected hold both the ‘MENU’ and ‘PLAY/PAUSE’ buttons for 7 seven seconds.
3. Seas0nPass will complete the tethered boot automatically. Once complete, remove the USB cable and connect the HDMI cable.