How to Fix Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 Stuck at Preparing Jailbreak Data While iOS 5 Jailbreak
iPhone Dev Team has made several changes and added new user interface in Redsn0w 0.9.9 also the core functionality of how the jailbreak is performed is also changed. Before Redsn0w 0.9.9 one has to download IPSW files for which jailbreak he want to perform and then by using Browse IPSW option select the respective IPSW file.
However from Redsn0w 0.9.9, iPhone Dev Team started using public IPSW file url of Apple server and you no longer required to download & select separate iOS firmware file. The process of jailbreaking using Redsn0w 0.9.9 is nearly automated. Unfortunately which this version of Redsn0w many users are facing issues at “Preparing Jailbreak Data” stage of Redsn0w and there is no way to close Redsn0w then forcefully quite the application.
If you are one of those who is facing Redsn0w stuck at preparing to jailbreak data the here is the fix for you.
How to Fix Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 Stuck at Preparing Jailbreak Data
3. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 and click on Extra button
4. Now click on Select IPSW, manually specify an IPSW option.
5. Now browse and select the iOS 5 IPSW file downloaded in step 1
6. Redsn0w will display message of successfully identified firmware file and will use this for rest of the redsn0w session.
7. Now click on back button and go to welcome screen and click on jailbreak.
8. let Redsn0w prepare for jailbreak data and will present you with set of options, click on next button to proceed.
9. Click on next and connect your iOS device and turn off
10. Now Follow on screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
11. That’s it now wait for Redsn0w to complete rest of jailbreak process.
Once jailbreak process completes your iOS device will reboot, make sure to tethered boot to fix white Cydia icon.