How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3GS iPod Touch 4G, 3G & iPad Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b5
With the release of iTunes 10.5 & iOS 5 for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad users can now proceed for tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 released by iPhone Dev team. You must understand that this is tethered jailbreak means every time you reboot your iOS device you much use Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 Just boot tethered option.
Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 won’t come any time soon so if you are comfortable with tethered jailbreak then follow below guide on how to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 using Redsn0w 0.9.9b5.
1. Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 for Mac (Windows version is not yet available)
2. iOS 5 IPSW file to update your iOS device to iOS 5
3. iTunes 10.5
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b5
2. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 and click on Jailbreak button
3. Now Reds0w 0.9.9b5 will automatically detect iOS version of your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
4. Now connect your iOS device to Mac and turn off
5. Follow on screen instructions to put your iPhone/iPod Touch & iPad in DFU mode
a. Press Home Button and Power Button together for 10 seconds
b. Now release power button while keep holding home button for 15 seconds.
6. Once your iOS device is in DFU mode, redsn0w will start preparing for jailbreak data.
7. At this stage Redsn0w will present you with set of option, check, uncheck features you want. Make sure to keep Install Cydia.
8. Click on Next and redsn0w 0.9.9b5 will start uploading ramdisk and all the jailbreak process will take place on your iOS device.
9. Your iOS device will reboot once jailbreak process is completed.
Since this is tethered jailbreak you will have to perform tethered boot process, check out our guide and video tutorial on how to tethered boot using Redsn0w 0.9.9