How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone 5, 4S, 4 and 3GS (Untethered)
The untethered jailbreak treat is not yet over, despite two firmware updates post iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak release, the exploit is working and Apple has failed to fix it for the reasons unknown to us. The Evasi0n 1.4 now supports iOS 6.1.2 untethered jailbreak on all the devices that exists at the moment. This also makes the only untethered jailbreak which has survived so long .
You can go ahead and untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on following devices using Evasi0n 1.4 jailbreak tool.
iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS
iPod Touch 5G, 4G,
iPad 2, 3, 4 and iPad Mini
Those of you who are new to evasi0n jailbreak and wondering how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 here is complete step by step guide to untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone 5, 4S, 4 and iPhone 3GS.
Please Note: If you rely on ultrasn0w software unlock then you must not update to stock iOS 6.1.2 firmware and wait Redsn0w/Sn0wbreeze to be updated to support iOS 6.1.2 custom firmware.
Note 2: Please disable passcode on your lock screen before attempting to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 using evais0n
Video Guide to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone 5, 4S, 4 and 3GS
1. Download iOS 6.1.2 for your iPhone (Skip this step if you have already downloaded and update your device to iOS 6.1.2 )
4. Now run evasi0n tool by double clicking on evasi0n.exe (on Windows)
5. Now connect your iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS to PC/Mac via USB cable
6. At this stage Evasi0n will identify your device and install firmware.
7. Click on Jailbreak button to proceed for iOS 6.1.2 jailbreak
8. At this stage evasi0n will start uploading jailbreak data and injecting. Your iPhone will reboot after some time.
9. Once your iPhone reboots the jailbreak process will continue till you get the message to unlock your iPhone and tap on jailbreak app added by evasi0n on your springboard.
10. Once you tap on jailbreak app, the message will disappear and evasi0n 1.4 will continue with final jailbreak process.
11. At this stage your iPhone will reboot again and screen similar to below will be visible for brief period of time.
12. at last you will the final screen of Done! Continuing boot…
13. Once it finishes rebooting, Cydia will be installed on your iPhone.
That’s it, now enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2, iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.2, iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2 and iPhone 3Gs iOS 6.1.2.
Do consider hitting +1 button if you like this article.