How to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4, 4S, 5 on iOS 6.1/6.0.1/6.0.2 with Evasi0n
Often the wait for untethered jailbreaks are cumbersome and frustrating. Many iOS devices owners are so much used to of jailbreak apps and Cydia tweaks that they cannot live without them and that’s what makes them impatient for untethered jailbreak for newly released iOS firmware.
Thankfully this time we have all the iOS devices covered by Evasi0n iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak tool. The amazing work by Evad3rs team has made it possible to even jailbreak all the new devices launched last year. The total 22 devices are covered by Evasi0n jailbreak tool and also supports iOS 6.1, 6.0.1, 6.0.2.
We have already posted links to download Evasi0n jailbreak tool for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Now here is complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 6.1 on iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and iPhone 3GS. This guide also works for iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2.
Note: If you have tethered jailbreaked iOS 6.1/6.0.1 on iPhone 4/3Gs then you must restore to stock iOS firmware before untethered jailbreaking using Evasi0n.
Note 2: Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
Video Guide to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.x on iPhone Using Evasi0n
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 4S 5 on iOS 6.1/6.0.1/6.0.2 with Evasi0n
1. Download iOS 6.1 for your iOS device (Skip if you have already updated your device or already on iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2)
2. Follow this guide to update your device to iOS 6.1.
4. Run the Evasi0n tool by double clicking on evasi0n.exe (on Windows).
5. Now connect your iPhone 5, 4S, 4 or iPhone 3GS to PC or Mac via USB cable.
6. At the stage Evasi0n will identify the connected device and installed firmware version.
7. Now click on Jailbreak button to proceed for untethered iOS 6.1/ 6.0.1/ 6.0.2 jailbreak.
8. At this stage evasi0n will start upload jailbreak data and injecting. It will reboot after some time.
9. Once your iPhone reboots the jailbreak process will continue till you get a message to unlock your iPhone and tap on jailbreak app added by evasi0n once.
10. Once you tap on jailbreak icon on your iPhone, the message will disappear and Evasi0n will once again start continuing with rest of the jailbreak process.
11. Your iPhone will reboot again and screen similar to below will be visible for brief period of time.
12. At last once you see “done, continuing reboot” your iPhone will reboot.
13. Once it finishes rebooting, Cydia will be installed on your iPhone.
That’s it, now enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 5 iOS 6.1, iPhone 4S iOS 6.1, iPhone 4 iOS 6.1/6.0.1/6.0.2.
Stay tuned with us for video tutorial on How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1 using Evasi0n.
Do consider hitting +1 button if you like this article.