How to Update to iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Apple iOS 6.0.1 was released few hours ago and comes with several improvements and bug fixes especially for iPhone 5 users. Although, update is available for everyone but not all users would get the update message at the same time. As the new update propagates through different Apple servers, slowly iOS device owners will start getting new update message.
But that doesn’t mean you have to wait that longer to update to iOS 6.0.1. You can manually update your iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad right now. The complete step by step procedure to update to iOS 6.0.1 is similar to iOS 6.0 update. For those users who recently bought iOS devices unaware of how to update to iOS 6.0.1, here is our complete guide.
The following devices can get iOS 6.0.1 update
iPhone 5, 4S, 4
iPod Touch 4G, 5G
iPad 2, The new iPad and iPad 4
You can use any these method to update to iOS 6.0.1
How to Update and Install to iOS 6.0.1
Method 1: Manual Update
This method requires you to download 800 Mb size of iOS 6.0.1 IPSW file before you can proceed for upgrade process.
2. Now Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to PC/Mac
3. Start iTunes and select your iOS device from devices list
4. Right click on it and click on Backup (You may lose all the date during update)
5. Once backup is complete, Press Shift key and click on update button on PC and Option+Update on Mac
6. Now browse and select iOS 6.0.1 IPSW file you have downloaded in step 1.
7. That’s it now wait for iTunes to complete the rest of update process. It may take several time.
Once update is complete you may restore your data back.
Method 2: Over The Air Method
This method is most simple and fast method to update to iOS 6.0.1 but it does require your device to be connected to good WIFI network or 3G network.
Note: if you have jailbreaked your iOS device then you will not be able to update to iOS 6.0.1 using OTA update method. You have to use manual update process.
1. Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, and wait for it to check for new update, you will get that new updates are available message.
2. Tap on Download and Install button
3. Click on agree on terms and conditions
4. Now your iOS device will start downloading iOS 6, make sure you are connected to good network.
5. Once it finishes downloading your will be asked to agree terms and conditions, click agree and let update process begin.
6. Now wait for update process to complete, your iOS device may boot few times.
if you like this article then do consider hitting +1 button.