Apple iOS 6.0.1 Released for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (Direct Download Links)
The rumors of iOS 6.0.1 release started floating last week, though often Apple seeds minor iOS release after every major iOS release and once again in less than four weeks we have new firmware for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Apple iOS 6.0 was released back in September and today’s iOS 6.0.1 is minor release with many bug fixes for recently launched iPhone 5. It is interesting to note that iPad Mini launched on October 23 and started shipping recently already comes with iOS 6.0.1 and you need not to update your iPad Mini.
iOS 6.0.1 is available for download for iPhone 5, 4S, 5, iPod Touch 4G, 5G, iPad 2, 3, 4.
Below are the changes and fixes included in iOS 6.0.1
• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
• Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
• Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
• Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
• Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
• Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
• Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
• Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222