How to Downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1 on iPhone 4 with Redsn0w 0.9.15b2
The latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 has got many perks for the jailbreak community. Not just iOS 6 tethered jailbreak but you can now easily downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.x or any iOS 5.x to any iOS 5.x. Please keep in mind that this is only possible if you have SHSH blobs saved for your device via TinyUmbrella or on Cydia. Also this will not work if you have ever updated via OTA to iOS 5.x or iOS 6.0.
Also the process of restoring to older firmware is much more simplified, no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns. The iOS 6 downgrade is applicable for all A4 devices i.e iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS. The only exception here is iPad 2, the only A5 device which can be downgraded to iOS 5 from iOS 6, however the SHSH blobs condition still hold true for this too. But along with ioS 5.x SHSH blobs you will also need iOS 4.x blobs too.
We have tried and tested iPhone 4 downgrade from iOS 6.0 to iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 5.1.1 and both time it worked perfectly. Though the process is not one click but Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 will guide you through out the process.
Here is our step by step guide on how to downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.0.1, 5.1.1 on iPhone 4. Please keep in mind you can only downgrade if you have SHSH blobs saved for your iPhone using TinyUmbrella or Cydia.
How to Downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1, 5.0.1 on iPhone 4
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b2
2. Connect your iPhone 4 to PC/Mac
3. Start Redsn0w (Run as Administrator mode on Windows)
4. Now click on Extras
5. Under Extras click on Even More button (the last option)
6. Now click on restore button and click on IPSW and browse and select the iOS 5.1.1/5.1/5.0.1 IPSW file downloaded in step 2
7. At this stage your will get a message that Redsn0w can modify IPSW to prevent the baseband update. Now if you are downgrading from iOS 6 then click on NO.
For Any iOS 5.x to iOS 5.x downgrade you can select yes and prevent baseband update.
8. Redsn0w will ask you to put your device in DFU mode, first switch off your iPhone 4 and then follow on screen instructions to put it in DFU mode
9. Now if you have SHSH blobs saved on your PC/Mac then you can use Local button and browse and select SHSH blobs for the respective firmware. Otherwise you can use Remote button and let Redsn0w fetch the blobs from Cydia server. Now click on Next Button.
10. If you have selected NO for prevent baseband update message, you will get a warning message explaining you will lose the software unlock. Click on Yes button to continue if have factory unlocked iPhone.
11. At this stage redsn0w will start uploading critical components of firmware and will continue with rest of the restore process. Please note that the process will take some time to complete and Redsn0w will notify you once the restoration/downgrade is successful.
That’s it. Now you can jailbreak your iPhone 4 with Absinthe jailbreak tool.
If you have any questions then do post in comment section.
Considering hitting +1 button if you like this article.