How to Tethered Boot with Redsn0w After iOS 6 Tethered Jailbreak
We have already published guide to jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, though the jailbreak is tethered only, there is virtually no big difference from untethered jailbreak except the big annoyance of need to tethered boot every time you plan to restart your iPhone or iPod Touch.
In case if you don’t tethered boot, then the Cydia and other jailbreak apps won’t work and will keep crashing. Also some of the stock iOS apps like Safari may not work as expected. The procedure to tethered boot is very simple but it does require you to have access to PC or Mac. This means if you are on the go or travelling and doesn’t have PC/Mac access then you are in trouble if you reboot your tethered jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch.
Below is step by step guide on how to tethered boot.
How to Tethered Boot after iOS 6 Tethered Jailbreak
2. Now Connect your tethered jailbroken iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G to PC/Mac
3. Start Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 and click on Extras.
4. Now click on “Just Boot” option.
5. Now switch off your iPhone 4/ iPod Touch 4G
6. Now follow on screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
7. That’s it, now wait for Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 to complete rest of the process, you may notice different boot logo during this process.
Once your iPhone/iPod Touch reboots you can start Cydia and any other jailbreak tweaks to confirm it is working fine.
Video Guide on How to Tethered Boot after Tethered iOS 6 jailbreak