How to Jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS with Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
Now that Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 is released for Windows and Mac OS X, those who are comfortable with tethered jailbreak may go ahead and update to iOS 6 and get the tethered jailbreak. Please bear in mind that tethered jailbreak will require you to tethered boot every time you want to restart your iPhone or iPod Touch, apart from that tethered jailbreak is similar to untethered jailbreak.
Also if you rely on ultrasn0w for unlock or have IMEI-based unlocks (cutyoursim.com) then do make sure not to update baseband as you may lose your unlock and do make sure you stay you are on compatible baseband.
This guide is only for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (untethered jailbreak if you have old bootrom).
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3 users need to wait for iOS 6.0 jailbreak
Here is step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 6 with Redsn0w 0.9.15b1,
How to Jailbreak iOS 6 iPhone 4 with Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
Ultrasn0w users must create custom firmware with preserve baseband and then update to iOS 6.0.
2. Connect your iPhone 4 to PC/Mac
3. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 and click on Jailbreak button
4. Turn off your device and click on Next button
5. Now follow onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode
a. Press and hold home and power button for 10 seconds
b. Now release power button while continue to hold home button for 20 seconds
6. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will automatically detect once your iPhone is in DFU mode and will start exploiting with Limera1n bootrom exploit.
7. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will prepare for jailbreak data
8. At the stage Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will present your with options, must make sure to check “Install Cydia” options and click on next Button
9. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will start uploading ramdisk.
10. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will notify that iOS 6.0 is tethered jailbreak, click on OK.
11. Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will display done message and the rest of the jailbreak process will continue on your iPhone, at any cost do no disconnect your iPhone.
12. Your iPhone may boot several time. Once the jailbreak process is completed, you will need tethered boot in order to use Cydia and other jailbreak apps. (Please note every time you reboot your iPhone you need use Redsn0w to tethered boot)
13: How to tethered Boot after tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w.
That’s it, now enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 6. Stay tuned with us for video tutorials and other jailbreak guides.
Do considering click on +1 button