Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for Windows/Mac to Jailbreak iOS 6.0 (Tethered)
Sunday is funday….. once again iPhone Dev team is back with awesome stuff for jailbreak community. iPhone Dev Team has released an updated version of Redsn0w, Redsn0w 0.9.15b1. The biggest feaure added to Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 is the restore from any iOS 5.x firmware version to any other 5.x iOS on all devices along as you have saved SHSH Blobs.
Apart from that Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 also has support for iOS 6 tethered jailbreak for A4 devices, i.e iPhone 4, 3Gs, iPod Touch 4G and iPad 1. You no longer need to manually tethered boot as Redsn0w now automatically does this if your A4 Device is in DFU mode.
iPhone 3GS users now have untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 whereas iPhone 4 users can hacktivate. Below is list of complete changes and features added to Redsn0w 0.9.015b1,
1. Restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
2. Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
3. automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
4. untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
5. untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
6. directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
7. fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
8. deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
9. activation status shown on “Even more” page
10. significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
12. tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle available here — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
13. auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
14. any time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click “Local”)
15. for your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 to Jailbreak iOS 6
Update: Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 has been released to fix the bugs and issues for 3GS owners.