How to Update to iOS 6 on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Apple has released iOS 6 final today and is already available for download. Though not all users would have got update message and might need to wait for some time till update are propagated to all data centers. Or you may check out our direct download links for iOS 6 here.
If you are new to idevice family and wondering how to update to iOS 6 then here are the possible ways by which you can update your iOS devices to latest iOS 6. Before proceeding to update you must make sure you own one of following devices as iOS 6 is only for these devices,
iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS
iPod Touch 4G
iPad 2, The New iPad
and last but not least newly launched iPhone 5, though most of you will be getting it with iOS 6 pre-installed,
You may use any one of these method to update your device to iOS 6.
How to Update to iOS 6
Method 1: Manual Updating
This method requires you to download iOS 6 firmware for your device and then update it via iTunes.
2. Now Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to PC/Mac
3. Start iTunes
4. Now select your iOS device from devices list
5. Right click on it and click on Backup (You may lose all the date during update)
5. Now click on Shift+Update on PC and Option+Update on Mac
6. Now browse and select iOS 6 IPSW file you have downloaded in step 1.
7. That’s it now wait for iTunes to complete the rest of update process.
Method 2: Over the Air Update
This method is applicable for those running iOS 5 or above firmware; even if you are on iOS 6 beta or GM build this method will work
1. Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, you will notice that new updates are available.
2. Tap on Download and Install button
3. Click on agree on terms and conditions
4. Now your iOS device will start downloading iOS 6, make sure you are connected to good network.
5. Once it finishes downloading your will be asked to agree terms and conditions, click agree and let update process begin.
6. Now wait for update process to complete, your iOS device may boot few times.
Method 3: iTunes Update
1. All you need to do is connect your iOS device to PC/mac via USB cable
2. Start iTunes and let the iOS 6 update message to popup, Now click on Download and Update option and wait for iTunes to complete rest of the process
For those finding hard to follow this guide here is video tutorial on How to Update to iOS 6
Please Note: If you are jailbreaker or unlocker then do not update to iOS 6 at any cost. Stay tuned with us for more information iOS 6 jailbreak and unlock.
Do consider hitting +1 button and other social sharing options if you like this article.