How to Install Cydia on iOS 6 Tethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4, 3GS & iPod Touch 4G
Few days back iPhone Dev Team has released a tethered developer only jailbreak for iOS 6 for iPhone 4 (CDMA, GSM), iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G. The reason this jailbreak is called developer only jailbreak is that after jailbreak there won’t be Cydia installed on your iOS device and it is released with aim that jailbreak tweak developers can make their tweak compatible to iOS 6 before iOS 6 final releases.
We had also covered how to enable 3D maps on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch via SSH, if Cydia were allowed to install then the procedure to enable 3D maps could have become very simple. If you are looking for how to install Cydia on iOS 6 well then here is Cydia source recompiled on iOS 6 by iPhone Hacker Andrew Liu.
Below are the step by step instructions on how to install Cydia on iOS 6 tethered jailbreak.
How to Install Cydia on iOS 6 Tethered Jailbreak on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4G
2. Once you finish jailbreaking iOS 6, make sure you tethered boot using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1’s Just Boot option present in extras.
3. Now download putty for Windows.
4. Now SSH to your iOS device with login as root and password as alpine via putty on Windows and via terminal on Mac OS X
5. Now type following command and hit enter and wait for script to finish install.
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh
&& chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
6. You must respring or reboot your iOS device after finishing installing Cydia
7. Now start Cydia from springboard, it may take time in preparing file system and your device might respring
That’s it now enjoy Cydia on your tethered jailbroken iOS 6 device.
Please click on +1 button and other share buttons if you like this post.