How to Tethered Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G iOS 6 Beta 1 with Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
We have already published our guide on how to tethered jailbreak iOS 6 Beta on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Since no new exploit is burned and it uses good old bootrom exploit, limera1n discovered by Geohot, we can continue to get tethered jailbreak for iOS 6 beta as well as regular iOS firmware release.
The only difference is it will be tethered jailbreak and you have to tethered boot every time you restart your iOS device. If you are unaware of different between tethered and untethered jailbreak then check out video.
Now here is step by step guide on how to tethered jailbreak iPod Touch 4G on iOS 6 Beta withRedsn0w 0.9.13dev1.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G iOS 6 Beta 1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
3. Update iPod Touch 4G to iOS 6 Beta Using iTunes 10.6.3
4. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1, make sure you run it in administrator mode on Windows
5. Click on Extras Button and then on Select IPSW .
6. Now browse and select iOS 6 Beta IPSW and click on Open.
7. You will receive IPSW build notification, click ok and then press back button
8. Now Click on Jailbreak Button. And Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will prepare for jailbreak data
9. At the stage Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will display Option. Check the options you want to set and click on next button
10. Now power off your iPod Touch 4G and connect to PC/Mac
11. Click next and follow on screen instructions to put your iPod Touch 4G in DFU mode
Press and Hold Home and Power button together for 10 seconds
Release Power button while continue holding home button for 18 seconds.
12. Once your iPod Touch 4G is in DFU mode Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will send the jailbreak data and will continue the jailbreak process on your iPod Touch 4G.
13. Let Jailbreak process complete on your iPod Touch 4G. Once it finishes, your iOS device will reboot.
Since iOS 6 Beta is tethered jailbreak you need to tethered boot every time you reboot your iPod Touch 4G. In order to tethered boot all you need to do it go to extras section and click on Just boot option of Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1. Then simply follow on screen instructions for DFU mode. That’s it.
Leave comments if you are facing any issue.
Help us in growing by clicking on +1 and other share buttons.