How to Tethered Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta 1 on iPhone 4, 3GS with Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
Thanks to limera1m bootrom exploit it will be always possible to have tethered jailbreak for any new as well as beta firmware Apple releases. Once again limera1n has made it possible for iPhone Dev Team to quickly jailbreak iOS 6 Beta and release the tool supporting iOS 6 beta jailbreak.
The one thing you must note that there no new exploit is burned in releasing tethered jailbreak for iOS 6 beta. Also, this time iPhone Dev Team has only added SSH support; hence you won’t have your friendly Cydia app to install jailbreak tweaks. You must understand this move to support “experimental ecosystem” jailbreak devs provide.
The aim of releasing developer only tethered jailbreak for iOS 6 Beta to let jailbreak tweak developers to update their tweaks and make it compatible with iOS 6 beta.
The Redsn0w is the tool which will let you to tethered jailbreak iOS 6 beta on following devices
iPhone 4 (CDMA and GSM), iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G
Warning: At any cost do not update to iOS 6 Beta if you don’t have iOS developer account or rely on carrier unlock using Ultrasn0w. As updating to iOS 6 beta will update your baseband too. Which is not possible to downgrade.
Here, we present step by step tutorial on how to tethered jailbreak iOS 6 Beta.
How to Tethered Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta on iPhone 4, 3GS Using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
3. Update your iOS device to iOS 6 Beta Using iTunes 10.6.3
4. Now Start Redsn0w. (On Windows make sure you run it in administrator mode)
5. Click on Extras Button and then on Select IPSW .
6. Now browse and select iOS 6 Beta IPSW and click on Open.
7. You will receive IPSW build notification, click ok and then press back button
8. Now Click on Jailbreak Button. And Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will prepare for jailbreak data
9. At the stage Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will display Options. Check the options you want to set and click on next.
10. Now power off your iPhone 4/ iPhone 3GS and connect to PC/Mac.
11. Click Next and follow on screen instructions to put your iPhone 4/3GS in DFU mode.
Press and Hold Home and Power button together for 10 seconds.
Release Power button while continue holding home button for 18 seconds.
12. Once your iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS is in DFU mode Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 will send the jailbreak data and continue to jailbreak process on your iOS device.
13. Let Jailbreak process complete on your iPhone 4/ 3GS. Once it finishes your iOS device will reboot.
Since iOS 6 Beta is tethered jailbreak you need to tethered boot every time you reboot your iPhone 4/3GS.
How to Tethered Boot
1. Connect your iPhone 4/3GS to PC/Mac
2. Start Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 (run in administrator mode on Windows 7)
3. Now click on extra button and select Just Boot (just tethered boot right now) option.
4. Now turn off your iOS device and click next, follow on screen instructions to put your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS in DFU mode.
5. Now let Redsn0w complete rest of the process, your iOS device will reboot several time.
Once it reboots, enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 6 Beta 1 and iPhone 3GS Beta 1 Build 10a5316k.
Leave comment if you are facing any issue.
Help us in growing by click on +1 and other share buttons.